Dear Baby Jesus, Santa, Jim Brown, Red Grange, and Nero,
I’ve been a good sportsfan this year. I basked in the glow of the closest Daytona 500 finish ever. I sat pissed and moody on the back porch as the Tigers blew the chance at the playoffs (as TheGoldfishCowgirl will attest). I didn’t allow my friends to talk about the Year-That-Shan’t-Be-Mentioned on Rocky Top. And I watched all 30 games of the Softball World Series.
So this year Jesus/Santa/… Instead of something for me, I want something for each of my teams. My sports lifeblood. My reason for sneaking out of work on a beautiful April afternoon to go to a dimly lit sportsbar. Let me spend my Christmas wishes on them. For if they are well taken care of, we all will be. Here are a few things I’d like, after the jump of course… ho
10. A healthy Tigers starting rotation.
9. A Volunteer Offensive Coordinator that will spread it out and chuck it deep.
8. A Silent Rupp Arena on January 22.
7. A warm evening in Florida on February 16 and a Big Orange Toyota engine the will make it all 500 laps on the 17th.
6. Calm nerves and huge balls for Dirk Nowitzki.
5. A Front 7 in Cincy.
4. Chris Lofton to find his magic by March.
3. Swift feet for Jonathon Crompton.
2. A headband that fits for Wayne Chism.
and most of all Jesus/Santa… I’d please like this:
1. Ten Skybox tickets at Neyland Stadium on October 25.
okay, maybe that last one was for me…