It’s finally here folks, the first ever Sandwich Pickem Scramble. We’ve invited the most intelligent, intriguing, and homerrific bloggers from all of Blogfrica to join us in a season-long selection-of-winners contest. We’ll be picking 10 games a week, straight up, for pride, trash-talking, a jpeg trophy, and of course, bourbon.
So guys, post your picks in the Comments section. We’re not opposed to getting our asses beat and handing out prizes to you magnificent bastards.
Your esteemed blogger panel and their preferred CFB school:
- The witty, beautiful, and fully-orange-blooded Holly from Ladies… (Tennessee)
- Multi-national sportswriter, radio host, and sex symbol, Extra P from The Extrapolater (Kansas)
- The headmaster of probably the most loyal fanbase is all of sports-blogging, Matt Jones from KentuckySportsRadio.com (Kentucky)
- Pro newspaper editor and the self-described man with uncontrollable evil that needs to be unleashed, Burnsy from BlumpkinsForAll (Central Florida)
- And finally, author of the preeminent Texas sports blog, co-host of EDSBS Live, and the man that called Paul Finebaum a motherfucker on air, Peter Bean of BurntOrangeNation.com (Texas)
Our favorite comments from this weeks panel:
“If we can all get behind Gardner-Webb about week 5, I think Sly Croom has a great shot at going winless in every division.” – Eday
“Only two swamp-dwelling SEC teams would play this game in August. It’s fucking August!!! You couldn’t pay me enough money to go to this game. I would drown in my own sweat.” – Extra P
“Yes I took Okie State over UGA, let’s see how well Stafford does when he’s not cuddling dudes or pitching kegs, but rather dodging Big XII linemen.” – TGC
“Tennessee… (gulp)” – Holly
“UCLA has a very tough schedule this year, but Stanford is probably not going to hand them their first loss.” – Extra P
“There, now quit hassling me about these picks.” – 2SL